We at Oxford OMS Centre maintain an ongoing commitment to ensuring the safety of our patients, their family members, and our staff.
Infection control in our practice will always be our top priority. We strive to maintain infection control protocols to make you feel as safe and comfortable as possible. The infection control protocols implemented in our office are strictly governed by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO). We will implement and abide by up-to-date rulings or changes that may be issued by either the RCDSO, the Ontario Ministry of Health, or Public Health Ontario.
We have implemented additional precautions to ensure our patients’ protection against the spread of COVID-19. The precautions put in place to help protect you, your family, and our staff are as follows:
- All patients and visitors to the office are pre-screened for COVID-19 using the questions developed by the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- Patients who have screened or tested positive for COVID-19 must not be treated in person except as needed for emergency or urgent care that cannot be delayed.
- Our staff will kindly ask all patients to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area for you to use as needed.
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask while in non-clinical areas of the office.
- Our clinic has been equipped with a state-of-the-art hospital-grade HVAC unit that meets and exceeds the guidelines for general surgery applications. This unit is connected to all non-clinical and clinical areas to filter and destroy pollutants. Additionally, each operatory is a fully enclosed space with floor-to-ceiling walls and doors for the containment and efficient elimination of any aerosols generating during procedures.
- The reception area is equipped with glass barriers to ensure the safety of patients and staff members.
- Our office has been stocked with a significant inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and staff members are required to follow strict office policies regarding PPE.
- Signage has been posted throughout the office to remind staff and patients to comply with Public Health Ontario guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- We will be doing our best to reduce waiting times and to limit the number of patients in the reception area.
- Magazines and/or toys will no longer be available in the reception area for sanitary reasons.
- Our complimentary coffee and refreshment stand will be minimized to provide water only.
Our office is always available to answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to seeing you!